CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sarah's 1st day of Kindergarten/Worst Mother Ever

Here's Sarah posing outside the school before her first day of kindergarten. She was so excited, and I was so excited for her. I took her to school and walked her to her class (Grace was in a stroller and Jacob was on a leash - I know that sounds cruel but there was no way I could hold on to him otherwise). Sarah didn't even hesitate one bit, in fact I think she was happy to finally see me leave.
So I drive away with a list of a few errands to run. Everything was going according to schedule and I still had about 45 minutes until I had to be back at the school to pick her up. I was right by Walmart and needed a few items, so I checked the GPS to see how much time I needed to give myself to get back to the school which gave a good 30 minutes to shop. No problem, right?
Wrong!!!!

Let's just say I got in the wrong check out line. The lady in front of me had every issue imaginable. I kept thinking I should move, but I figured by the time I did the lady in front of me would be done. I stood in that check out line for 30 minutes. Can you believe that? I mean I know you can expect to stand in line for awhile at Walmart, but 30 minutes? Anyway, I was about 20 minutes late in picking up Sarah. I called the school as soon as I got in the car to leave the store and told them what happened. She was happily sitting in the office waiting for me. Hopefully no psychological damage has been done.

3 comments:

grinNberrett said...

Jacob was on a leash


Hopefully no psychological damage has been done.


Is that why Jacob came into sacrament meeting one time on his hands and knees and barking like a dog? It was was pretty funny. It always was a good excuse for me to get down on my hands and knees and pretend to be like dog too!

Unknown said...

Sarah looks so grown up. I wish her 1st day had been at Sunset View... --Stacey

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't just abandon your items at WalMart and take off. 30 minutes is crAzY!
I am certain little Sarah was fine waiting in the office... no harm done!